Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Car Pressure Washing and other Pressure Washers topics.
When you are preparing your car for pressure washing, you should follow some simple guidelines.
1. Hold the hose with both hands and test the pressure washer on a small area first to get used to the feel of the jet.
2. Practice making overlapping movements so you will avoid leaving marks where the strokes start and stop.
3. Test the pressure over a small corner of your car to adjust the spray so that it doesn't damage the surface.
4. Do not use laundry detergent or dishwashing soap to wash your vehicle as these harsh chemicals will damage the finish.
5. Use a biodegradable pressure washer chemical speficially formulated to be used in power washers, such as Biocleanse. These products are natural and environmentally friendly, so they will not damage surrounding lawn or flower beds. What's more important, the backspray will end up on your skin!
|Sheri Ann Richerson|