Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Airplane Pressure Washing and other Pressure Washers topics.
There are a few points to keep in mind to use your pressure washing equipment safely around your airplane.
1. Always check the aircraft operation and safety manual before proceeding.
2. Follow the instructions specific to any exterior instrumentation that should not be pressure washed.
3. Don't use a ladder since the kick from the pressure could knock you off.
4. Use a power washer extension wand instead to reach the highest points.
5. Don't power wash the windows since the material scratches easily.You can use a special cleaning solution for aircraft windows and a soft cloth (no paper towels!).
6. Inspect the aircraft thouroughly as part of your power washing procedure.