Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Construction Cleaning with Power Washers and other Pressure Washers topics.
Cleaning masonry with a power washer can be a great time saver in a new construction clean up job. Remember the following tips when you are cleaning masonry and you'll be safe, while you do a great job.
1. Always follow the manufacturers instructions for operation and safety of the equipment.
2. Wear eye protection and appropriate clothing.
3. If you are working on a ladder or scaffold, take precautions to have a firm hold to counteract the back kick of the jet, and work in small areas, about 25 to 40 square feet at a time.
4. If available, a lift is recommended since it provides a safe enclosure and allows you to work the pressure washing equipment on larger areas.
5. Test a small area before starting and work from the bottom up, allowing a few minutes for the pressure washing chemicals to react.
6. Don't let the solution dry on the surface and rinse thoroughly from top to bottom.