Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Using a Power Washer and other Pressure Washers topics.
There are some operator pitfalls that you should avoid when using your power washer.
* Don't leave your pressure washer nozzle closed for more than one minute while the pressure washing equipment is still running as it may cause stress to the pump.
* Don't spray brittle surfaces like stucco, or laminar flagstone because it may lift the surface of the material.
* Do not use bleach, as it will damage parts of your pressure washing equipment.
* Do not use hot running water in your cold water pressure washer.
* Avoid spraying windows or glass doors because the force of the jet might break the glass.
* Do not spray light fixtures, flowerbeds or mailboxes.
* Finally, do not leave the pressure washer running unattended.