Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Pressure Washer Safety and other Pressure Washers topics.
It's a good idea to make sure everything is in working order each time before you start using your pressure washer. Here are a few power washer safety tips on things to inspect before you use your unit:
• Take a look at your hose and make sure there are no cuts or leaks. If there are, you should replace the hose.
• Check your fuel levels to make sure your oil and fuel aren't low and change the oil if necessary.
• Maintain the cleanliness and care of the general pump. Do not toss or bang it around as this can cause weaknesses over a long period of time, and any dirt or cleaning chemical build-up can cause erosion over time.
• If you have inflatable tires, check the air pressure and keep it within manufacturer recommended levels.
• Test your spray wand assembly and replace any damaged or worn parts like the O-rings. Clean out your nozzle or replace if need be.